BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

CLICK THIS NUFFNANG!!! TQ~

Welcome To My Blog...

Dear bloggers and blogwalkers, nice to meet ya!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Taylor Swift Talks About Next Album, Possibly For Late 2012


Taylor Swift has often said she wants to issue albums every two years, and it appears her as-yet-unnamed fourth studio record will meet that standard, giving music retailers a bellwether title for the holiday shopping season in 2012.

Swift says she is "twice as far along," she says, in writing and recording material for her next studio album, than she had been at this point for previous albums. She already has written 25 songs for her next release. "Speak Now," by comparison, had 14 titles on the album's standard version and 17 tracks on a Target-exclusive deluxe edition.

"During the first year of writing the 'Speak Now' album, I was really writing songs that didn't end up on the record because I didn't know what the record was going to be," she says. "Once I kind of locked into what the record was going to be, in the second year I wrote the songs that I was most proud of, like 'Back to December' and 'Mean' and the first single, 'Mine,' and a song called 'Ours.'"

Nathan Chapman, who produced her albums, is overseeing the next as well. Swift wrote the songs on "Speak Now" by herself, though the credits will likely include a few collaborators the next time out.

"I've had two co-writes, and I've written the rest of it by myself," she says. "Co-writing is so much fun when you have time to schedule it in, but for me, usually songs hit me in the middle of the night and I end up writing it before dawn, so there's no time to call somebody. When there is time and you can get in a room and talk it out and work it out with somebody, it's like the coolest form of therapy."

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...